Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Friend To All








This is for a dear friend of mine Hetty or @AliveinMe. Who is currently going through her 3rd brain surgery for Epilepsy.


Romans 8:28 "And we know that GOD causes everything to work together for the good of those who love GOD and are called according to HIS purpose."


As I sit in my room watching the snow fall I sit and remember when I first came in contact with Hetty. It was towards the middle of May during a time when I was going through a lot. The first time I even heard of Hetty was from @MUSICBYALMA on a follow Friday suggestion. When she was still known as Hetty4Christ. So I decieded to click on Hetty's profile and saw we had some things in common. But isn't that like GOD when one friendship goes away or HE closes that door HE has someone or something already waiting that's better. It was a time when a friend from my Celebrate Recovery group decided to delete me from their friends list on facebook and was trying to convince me to switch groups. I was talking to GOD if this how it has to be I wont trust anyone else because I did and I ended up hurt again. I then asked if this was my way out of Celebrate Recovery because why would I want to be in a group with people who didn't want me in there. And so GOD shut that door. This was just a few weeks before Hetty came into my life. I was just beginning to get into twittering because I had lost my job the middle of April and needed some form of contact with people. SO I clicked on Hetty's name and read her profile again and then decided I would go a head and follow her. Then the next thing I know we start talking and find out we have lots in common. So I gave her my number cause she wanted to talk with me. I was nervous at first cause there where only a few people I talked to on the phone with. I didn't know if I was up to it but then she said she wouldn't bite and was so laid back and that is so true. The first time I spoke on the phone with her was when I was having a rough time. My parents had gone away for the weekend and I was gonna be gone for the weekend. She called me and we talked a long time she shared her story with me and I shared mine with her as well. Talking to her was like I knew her all my life. I felt safe and thought that maybe this friendship would be different then other friendships. I had explained to her that past friendship have resulted in tearing me down and Hetty told me that there is no need to tear you apart. I didn't know what to say after that. But I knew that GOD placed her in my life for a reason. During the second night at home I got really down and wanted to drink and I texted her and she said I didn't need it and she said just talk to GOD. Each time I get in a funk she would set me straight telling me I have to turn to GOD first. I always went to others first then GOD. I guess I had a problem trusting GOD would actually be there for me. I still struggle with that at times but Hetty still reminds me of that. I guess its the whole having trouble trusting others then how can I trust GOD that's how I viewed it and sometimes still do. She is also very patient with me when we talk. Because of having ADHD I can very random at times with my thoughts plus I like to change topics quickly. Talking with her is really like Ive known her all my life and yet only a couple of months. I am able to share with her stuff that I haven't shared with a lot of people. She doesn't judge me and told me that there is no need to tear down. She isn't afraid to give tough love when needed. She sure has given me some tough love and I am thankful for that. Because it put me back in my place when I was close to bottom. Told me I needed to go to GOD first. I am a better person knowing her. Its hard to see friends of mine sick or in hurting. I wish at times I could take it. But I know Hetty will make it through her surgery I will be praying for her. I know I have a lot to learn still and know that it is a process. But I am learning to trust others and open up to others Hetty has helped me in that way. So I thank God for our friendship. Because I am a better person now.

6 comments:

switchinggranny said...

Katie.. that blog post was a beautiful testimony of God's perfect timing.. perfect love and a friendship that He has divinely ordained. I think you are really a special person and am impressed by your honesty. No doubt Hetty will be praising God as she reads of how God has used her in your life.


Love you girl.. and Yes.. Turn to God first... He is our strength in weakness.

NkstOne said...

I agree with SwitchingGranny I am so glad the Lord blessed you with such a friendship .. as I read the blog I understand how you feel about Hetty for I have a friend like that too.. God placed my friend in my life at a time when I really needed a friend a very lonely and scared time in my life.. People like my friend and like Hetty are truly treasures that no gold can ever measure up to..

I have only known Hetty for a short time myself (only two weeks now) I know she is facing a real battle in her life .. she is a courageous woman and I praise GOD for Hetty's life and thank HIM ever so much for placing such a friend in your life.. .

Katie you are an awesome person and you have so much to give dont ever let yourself believe that you are not a good friend because just as Hetty has made a differene in yours ... you to have made a difference in mine.. and I mean that with all my heart..

You are an amazing young woman with much courage ... ((((HUGS))) and I so enjoyed the way you wrote this blog .. you have writers talent to convey yourself very well..
GOD BLESS
with all my love
nikki

Diane @ Partners in Prayer for Our Prodigals said...

Katie...What a wonderful tribute to Hetty! I just love when God brings special people together....and you wrote beautifully about God's Hand in bringing the two of you together!

YOU ARE BOTH SPECIAL....KEEP turning to God first--He has purposed great things for you my Twitter friend!!!!! I have lived long enough to know that while it takes courage to give God even our pain--He is always faithful to use our pain for His glory! Much like He is doing right this very minute with Hetty!

You are a blessing to so many Katie!

Praying with you for Hetty!

Diane

Hetty said...

I can't say much else but God Bless you girl...

He does these amazing movements in life--for us to realize it is all about Him... everything we go thru. And the BIGGEST must know-- is He is who we seek and talk to every day-- all day... and when big things seem out of control-we go TO HIM FIRST.. then a friend, letting us know what you think He is saying.. and if it is something we can think that is Godly right-- we as Followers of Christ, will give our side--and applauding how you spoke to HIM about it all FIRST. And if you don't--we as great friends thru HIM have to gently set you back up TO HIM. We as true friends thru Christ-- always need to be gentle and kind in mistakes-- thru HIM.... sometimes when struggling HARD-it is the BEST way to find what He is looking for!!! :) I know that so well!
It is great to have dear friends-- but we always want to support what is Godly-His Way.. not everything you choose-- or you will stay on the bottle of Christ-- not eating solids for Him-for others-standing strong thru everything!
Keep talking to Him... knowing I don't dump people.. I just know the best ways to wake up to HIM-- and not overdosing or drinking. He sure talked to me thru everything thru the days-- and still does!!! Can be a 3mos Christian -30 yr Christian--isn't about TIME--about relationship... with HIM. Let's make sure YOU GROW ON FIRE--loving who you are--all for HIS GLORY! And He does change a lot of amazing things in life- for your awesome actions all ABOUT HIM... not us--to HIM BE THE GLORY!
AMEN... walk tall and strong thru all this-rely on Him--as if deserted and you need to find HIM NOW!!
Then you will really LOVE HIM--and LIFE!!
And we will all be astounded with what He does have in store for YOU!
You are a blessing to have as a friend--- I thank Jesus for you! His blessings are always amazing... which is why He doesn't give up on you-- if He can see WOW--look a Hetty---if this girl can go from anti-christ to ALL FOR MY GLORY-- then everyone can!! So we are to learn more every day--and get out and share His Word!
Let Him take all your worries-- think of good and 3/4's of what you are going thru won't even exist!! HE WILL ALWAYS THOUGH!

Love you girl...
In His Grip,
Heather Siebens @AliveinMe
from me at Mayo Hospital!! :)

Anonymous said...

Katie
This is beautiful! And you are a living testimony that God gives us, just what we need, right when we need it. Thanks for sharing your friendship with Hetty! You are just as much a blessing to me, that she is to you!
Luv ya girlie!
Angie

Marie said...

As I sit and look back at this post, Hetty has made it through the surgery, the beautiful cold snow is long gone but our hearts are still going strong fro our friends.

I'm so honored to have friends here!

{{HUGS}} Katie.
@spreadingJOY