Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blinded to what was going on now new outlook




About three weeks ago I absolutely hated every part of going to EDS I was all about what is the point of this. How will it benefit me how will this help me and my anger problems and all the stuff that went on at work that I was carrying on my back into the classroom.

Then the week I that was supposed to be my last day at EDS found out that my counselor quit and left me hanging. So that set off some emotions and other things that were not fine came to the for front and hit with a vengeance's. I didn't know that I was so self centered then. I didn't think i could give anything. But in reality I had loads to give to others and at that point I had so much anger towards the program. But then I had to step away and look at a different way people were thanking me for helping them with computer problems and other things as well since I was the veteran of sorts I knew what was expected and had found my place and figured out that I was completely blinded to by me and only me that I had to step away and take a look at it differently. Because when you a person with disabilities and your counselor who is supposed to get in touch with you and you can't get a hold of them you wonder if things will ever change and that you were being tossed around again. And that is no fun and by law stated in my IPE i was granted 6weeks of EDS not 3 and come to find out that my counselor changed my plan without my knowledge if I hadn't been in EDS then I would not have meet all the people and touched peoples lives and I would have not known what to do about my counselor. This happened all in a 4 day period no one would give answers until the group leader who worked for DORS stepped in and called the head boss and things got sorted out. And I am so grateful for that. I'm also grateful that this person handed me a persons name who was a counselor for adults with ADHD and so I emailed her and now will go meet her in two weeks to get my life back. Because it is not fair to me to hold onto all this anger and all the other emotions of being an Adult with ADHD. Then last Monday I walked into the classroom and had the biggest smile I have for the first time in a while and it felt great. It was like this weight had been lifted and it had because I was able to do things that would help me be successful and taught me to take a stand for me. And it was all GODS doing.




No comments: